Lucia ball: "FUN PARTY IN FORMAL WEAR"
The event is SOLD OUT.
In 2011 in her e-mail to Shane Burns (Colorado college) Cathy Thompson has described Stockholm university student union's Lucia Ball as a "fun party in a formal wear". Lucia Ball is a 80 year old tradition at Stockholm University. It is your chance to dine, dance, and mingle with Nobel Prize laureates, vice chancellor, and university's alumni.
English is the ball's official language.
DATE: 13 December 2016
TIME: 17.44 (yes, 17.44 according to an old tradition)
PLACE: Restaurant Lantis (entrance through Aula Magna)
DRESS CODE: White tie / ball gown
- 550 SEK for SUS members
- 790 SEK for other guests
AFTER-PARTY: "Evening of Frogs"
- 85 SEK for everyone
METHOD OF PAYMENT: bank giro 307-1719 or card at Student Union help desk
The Evening of the Frogs is a popular after-party at Greens villa (Gröna villan) that lasts till 5 o'clock in the morning. During the after-party there will be Christmas buffet provided for the guests. Drinks could be purchased separately at the bar.
Both the ball and the after-party are open to attend for students from other universities as well as non-students. Welcome!
Sign up and pay will close on 25 November 2016. We offer a limited amount of tickets, thus it is important that you sign up using this form and pay for the Lucia Ball and/or the Evening of the Frogs as soon as possible.
How do I pay?
There are two ways of payment: bank giro or card at Student Union help desk.
A. Check the opening hours of our help desk before visiting. You can fill in the form with your contact information and food preferences at the help desk after you have paid your ticket.
B. Another way is to buy the tickets via bank giro 307-1719.
- Do you have a Swedish bank account? If not, then ask your friends with Swedish bank account to help you pay for the tickets.
- Login in to your Swedish bank account.
- Go to "Betala/Överföra".
- Choose "Ny betalning".
- In "Mottagare" choose "Ny mottagare".
- In "Bankgiro/Plusgiro" type 307-1719.
- Press "Hämta mottagare". Your text will say "STOCKHOLMS UNIVERSITETS STUDENTKAR".
- In "Belopp" write the sum you want to pay (see prices above).
- In "OCR/Meddelande" write
- "L -YYMMDD-0000" if you only want to go to the ball + your social security number (personnummer);
- "L E-YYMMDD-0000" if you plan to attend both the ball and the after-party + your social security number (personnummer);
- "E-YYMMDD-0000" if you only want to go to the after-party + your social security number (personnummer).
- Only the Lucia Ball: L-901025-5555 you pay 790 SEK if you are not a SUS member
- Both the ball and the after-party: LE-901025-5555 you pay 875 SEK (790+85) if you are not a SUS member
- Only the Evening of the Frogs: E-901025-5555 you pay 85 SEK
- Proceed to the payment, finish the transfer.
- Fill in the form with information about you, your sitting and food preferences.
Is it possible to pay if I do not have Swedish bank account?
Yes, pay at Student Union help desk!